Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Yosemite NatPark




Happy Holidays and 
All the Best for 2014!


Since I am leaving for a long trip to the end of the World - Antarctica - my holiday greetings come to you early this year.  I have dedicated my last blog entry for the year 2013 to the wonderful Yosemite National Park and have pulled together a lot of my images taken over the years of visiting there.  I have combined still images with timelapse video and I hope you will enjoy the journey.










As the year comes to an end, I want to thank all of you who have supported and encouraged me to pursue my passion of photography.  2013 has been a year of change as I have left my scientific career behind and am dedicating my time to being behind the camera, learning new techniques in my timelapse and video photography.  I have been fortunate to travel quite a bit internationally to South America, Patagonia and the Magellan Strait, as well domestically with road trips to Montana and Glacier National Park in early summer and to Utah and the national parks there in the Fall.

My yearly volunteering brought me to Kanab Utah.  The Best Friends Animal Society is a wonderful place to lend a hand and I certainly fell in love with all the wonderful cats that I took care of during my time there.  You can read my story about my time there in this link. My latest photo book "So Much Love" was conceived during my volunteering there and can be purchased here.

         So much love - Best Friend Animal Society        
     
               So much love - Best Friend Animal Society      
   
     Working with animals is inspirational.  This book was conceived during my volunteer work at Best Friends Society, the largest domestic animals sanctuary in the US and combines wonderful cat portraits with Wisdom Quotes for meditative reading.  Parts of the proceeds will benefit the Best Friends…    
   
             Find out more on MagCloud          


While at home I have enjoyed teaching photography through a variety of photo workshops. I have enjoyed meeting new photographers and sharing my knowledge.  However, I find it most satisfying when I get the feedback that my participants have learned new techniques and insights, and tell me that they will incorporate these new skills into their photography practice.  Thank you all!!
As 2014 approaches, pl check out my new photo workshops listings here.



My personal focus in my photography practice has been on night photography.  I took several astro landscape photography workshops with terrific teachers - Brad Goldpaint, Steven Christenson and Jon Fuller - and have gained confidence to capture the night sky and the milky way - this is truly my new nightlife.  Two recent blog entries showed more of my night photography:  City Lights and Mare Island Naval Shipyard at night.

Crater Lake under the Milky Way

I  hope your year was successful in all your endeavors!

For now, I am wishing you a Happy Holiday Season and all the best for the coming New Year!

Stay healthy and be well!  I hope to see you all sometimes during 2014!

Til then, Meggi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2014 New Photography Workshops:

Under the Stars        --  Astro-Landscape Night Photography, Big Sur Coast
                                     February 28, 2014
Above the  Clouds   --  Astro-Landscape Night Photography, Fremont Peak Park
                                     May 24, 2014

Sonoma Hot Air Balloon Classic  --  Colorful & Unique Photo Opportunity with Tutorial in Timelapse                                                                    Photography
                                      June 13-15, 2014