Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Yosemite National Park
  
 After a very busy April with domestic tasks (helping my daughter’s kitchen remodel), spending some time outdoors again in the Sierra Nevada and in Yosemite National Park was a welcome and renewing time.  Spring is everywhere with wildflowers and California poppies, and even the 4+ hour drive to the mountains was so enjoyable.

Yosemite is my favorite National Park – not surprising - and the valley was green and all the waterfalls still had much water from the snow melt.  The dogwood was not yet in bloom, but the park has so many great spots to photograph that I never tire exploring new sites and revisiting old spots.

Yosemite Valley with Bridal Veil Falls

Upper Yosemite Falls - thundering down with lots of snow melt water

Mist over the base of Lower Yosemite Falls


Beautiful Water Patterns


Yosemite Falls



El Capitan

Bridal Veil Falls in last light

Valley View at the end of the day



Golden light on the Merced River

 Last light over Half Dome after sunset
as night fell over the Valley.


I stayed well into the night to capture the beautiful night sky and stars over Yosemite -  but that is for another Travel TidBits blog in the near future.  Stay Tune!


Til next time,
Meggi


Comments?  I love to hear from you.  
Please use my email mraeder33@gmail.com to reach me.