Friday, April 26, 2013

Yosemite Nat Park Moonbows


Rainbows and Moonbows At Yosemite National Park

We are all fascinated by rainbows following a storm or signaling an impending one.  With the sun light reflected in the water droplets, it's colorful and beautiful sight.  On full moon nights, there is enough light that the 'moonbow' -the same phenomenon - can be seen in waterfalls.  Althouhg many waterfalls can produce a moonbow under the right conditions, the Yosemite waterfalls have become known for their moonbows specifically in spring when the rivers and waterfalls are swollen with water from the snow melt.
The below video was published by the Yosemite National Park and produced by Steven Baumgardner.


I hope you enjoyed this stunning video.  
I am off to Yosemite for the next full moon and will share my experience in a later Travel TidBits blog.

Til then, Meggi

Comments?  I love to hear from you.  
Please use my email mraeder33@gmail.com to reach me.


Ref: Yosemite National Park Notes, Produced by Steven Baumgardner