Sunday, December 2, 2012

Abstract Macro Photography


Rain-Rain-Rain

The best plans to photograph at beautiful Point Reyes, CA, were disrupted by the 1-2-3 punch of the 3 rain storm that covered our area with up to 12 inches of rain. My backyard is flooded and even my adventurous cat does not want to go out.

Flexibility reigns and redirected the outdoors plans to some indoor photographic creativity.  Why not using rain drops and trying something new.  Out came my favorite macro lens - Nikon's 105 mm macro - tripod, table top lighting with my desk lamp and voila!

Summer flower

Halloween colors

Here I placed a sheet of US Postal Stamps under the raindrops.

Christmas paper

Candy Wrapper


Having the set-up, why not looking around in the kitchen and find objects of interest?


I'll let you guess what this is?
Guesses:  pl email me at mraeder33@gmail.com    :-)

Even my cat Georgie could not escape my nosy camera with its macro lens!



Despite the wind howling outside and the rain coming down in sheets, I had a lot of fun experimenting.
Who knows what I will find today since the storm is continuing....

Be creative and keep shooting!

Til next time,
Meggi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain will stop and spring will come!  Please join me and renowned Tahoe Photographer Jon Paul for a great weekend in May photographing Hidden Tahoe!




Copyrigth M. Raeder-Photography
New!
See Tahoe Through the Eyes of Renowned Fine Art Photographer Jon Paul

Spring is a beautiful time in Tahoe and Hope Valley – Explore Tahoe’s hidden places with renowned Tahoe Fine Art Photographer Jon Paul, owner of the Jon Paul Gallery and Wildlife Photographer Meggi Raeder.

Date: May 3-6, 2013
Early Bird Registration til Jan 15, 2013
Pl see all details here.